Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Releasing the old stories

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."

Preface: In the present we can undo the past and release the future. Horrible things may have happened in the past, but we don't owe those horrible things our present or our future. If the voices re-telling the story could change it, that might be worthwhile. But they can't. Only we can reclaim our precious now by letting go of the old stories. You can use your past as strength for your present. 

Assignment: Today, look to see which old story you are ready to bless and release.


I am ready to let go of the hate, of the anger associated with my illness. I was clearly angry when I was first beginning to deal with this (this being my undiagnosed illnesses) I lost so much. I lost friends, I had family questioning me, I gained weight, I lost my sense of self-worth and confidence. Considering that this is going on eight years of health struggles, I think it's beyond time to let go the hate of the past, the resonating frustration that is associated with thinking about the beginning of my journey. It's time to allow my guard down a little bit, and to accept help (something that I've written about before and something I struggle with...a lot). 

It is time to inspire instead of be bitter and hateful. It is time to let go of the people who hurt me and move forward. It is time to let go and let God.

1 comment:

  1. so proud of you. so inspired by you.
    one day, ill get there too.

    lets hope its not too far off.

    ReplyDelete