Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Before I blog about my prompt today, I have exciting news.

My friend, Amanda, and I have launched a new website. A community. A place to call home. To anyone who's battling (or battled) illness--mental or physical, we welcome you with open arms. We're here to help. To listen. To talk. To just be.

We are Below the Radar

We are a community that knows no limits. We accept everyone--diagnosed, undiagnosed, struggling, healed, lost, found...come, be a part of our family. Be a part of something that is going to change the world. Help someone today. Know that you made a difference.

Amanda and I both live with undiagnosed chronic pain and illness, so we understand what it's like to live a life of pain. A life of not knowing what to expect day-by-day. A life of depression, anxiety and judgement. We've learned, and we come to you today, newly launched, ready to welcome you to our family.

We're ready to fight for our lives. Will you fight with us? 



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Worry gives a small thing a big shadow"

Pre-assignment prompt: We have a t-shirt that reads, "Worry is not preparation." Conditioned mind keeps our lives small by making us afraid. "What if _______ happened? That would be awful." The vast majority of what conditioning whats us to be afraid of and worry about never happens. 

Assignment: Today, observe the voices of worry talking to you. 

Lately, the voices of worry have been the same. Will I find a job soon? How bad will the pain be today? Will I be able to get through today without having to be medicated for the pain? Will I have to go see my doctor today, unexpectedly? Will I ever get a cure? Do I need a cure? Will I be able to function today? Who would want to hire me, given my health background? Will my passion and love for what I do be enough to get my hired? Can anyone see past my imperfections?

I live my life on "If, then" statements. If I eat this, then a, b or c will happen. Unfortunately, that's no way to live. So I try my best to take things a day at a time (or, as of late, an hour at a time), knowing that that's not necessarily going to fix things, but to at least keep my negative energy and negative, worry-some thoughts at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment