Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30, Transform the in between

"In Oriental cultures, they don't think of God as an autocrat. God is the fundamental energy of the world, which performs all this world without having to think about it."

Assignment:Today, whenever you think of it, turn your attention to the little gaps between the thoughts.

Today, my mom drove me through blizzard-like conditions to get me to a doctor for my abdominal pain. Today, I saw three different doctors. Today, I was told I will probably have to have surgery again.

The gaps between the thoughts today....well there weren't many gaps. Pain. Injustice. Empty. Confusion. Decisions.

Where do I go from here? Do I have the surgery and have more scar tissue or endure the pain longer? Can I endure the pain?

The gaps between my thoughts most frequently brought me back to one word: burden.

An haunting reflection on my past and a painful parallel with my present.

The gaps between my thoughts are poison.

No comments:

Post a Comment