Monday, February 11, 2013

I've fallen behind again!

I was home this last weekend, to be with family, to be able to see my dad before he was off traveling again for work, to be with my dogs who are so awesome at unconditionally loving me and unconditionally pissing me off by waking me up at 3 am that it makes me feel bipolar.

So here I am, I'm back. And I'm going to catch you up on my slow-but-sure transformation...I hope.

February 9:

"Three things in human life at important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. The third is to be kind."

Assignment 1: Today, notice kindness wherever you encounter it.

February 10:

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

Assignment 2: Today, make a list of the things you fear. Which one would you choose to engage in order to begin facing fear?

February 11: "I'm not afraid of storms. For I'm learning how to sail my ship."

Preface to Assignment 3: So much of our conditioning convinces us that only "knowing" and "being right" matter. If we must learn something, that's proof we don't know and are therefore wrong. But learning, making peace with not knowing, is not being wrong, it is the path to freedom. Excitement is another word for the sensations we think of as fear.

Assignment 3: Today, feel the excitement of considering doing something "dangerous" that you have always wanted to do.


Assignment 1: We went out to lunch and dinner this day, so there was a lot of kindness around me. A lot of "thank you's," a lot of doors being opened and my sister and I walked down to the place where we typically get our hair done to pick up some product. The person (Alyssa) who typically does our hair came over to chat with us and made us feel welcome, regardless of the fact that we were there just to get product and not for an appointment. My house is always full of love, especially when we're all home. This particular weekend, my mom's best friend was there--who was/is essentially a second mom to me. It was a weekend full of a lot of loud conversation and love. Kindness around every corner.

Assignment 2: My top fear is failure. I fear failing myself, my family, the people who believe in me, the people who expect things of me, etc. I also have the typical fears of clowns, spiders, snakes and other small things like that. I need to face my fear of failure. I need to find the ability to believe in myself the way that others believe in me and accept the fact that failure is not always failure--it's merely a learning experience.

Assignment 3: I'm not sure that there's an answer to this one. I feel the excitement of an upcoming event that will honor my grandma. But in terms of "dangerous" in my life, right now my focus is on finding a job, trying to stay healthy and focusing on a new adventure with a new friend.

Love and hugs, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment